For Texas Way Coordinating Council Members:
Need Help? Rely on Texas Way staff to guide the way with:
- Powerpoint presentations on Texas Way details.
- Multimedia content for presentations.
- Presentation plans for board and community presentations.
- Templates for local letters to the editor or op-ed placements.
Members of the Texas Way Coordinating Council are taking charge to highlight the importance of increasing access to private health insurance for low-wage working Texans.
- Meet with legislative leaders to highlight the importance of your hospital’s financial well-being and the effect on your business.
- Recruit other local business leaders to support the Texas Way Program.
- With the help of Texas Way Program communication coordinators, serve as a spokesperson on the impact of the program on your business, community and the economy.
For Business Leaders:
- Write letters seeking support from trusted colleagues.
- Write letters seeking support from local state legislators and community leaders.
- Schedule meetings with local state legislators and community leaders.
- Give presentations to local civic clubs.
- Conduct a media event with your local hospitals to highlight key aspects of the Texas Way Program, such as the impact of reducing the number of uninsured on the Texas economy.
For Hospital Leaders:
- Conduct Texas Way presentations for employees and key managers.
- Host meetings with civic groups, local business leaders and your local chamber of commerce to present key messages on the impact of the Texas Way Program.
- Distribute promotions for the Texas Way Program to staff and community stakeholders.
- Place letters to the editor and op-eds in your local newspaper.
- Host a media event to provide an overview on key aspects of the Texas Way Program.
- Invite state legislators to your hospital for discussions on your hospital’s work, successes and challenges.
For Hospital Board Members:
- Meet with state legislators to highlight the important aspects of the Texas Way.
- Discuss Texas Way highlights with trusted colleagues and other civic leaders.
- Present key aspects of the Texas Way Program to your local chamber of commerce.
- Conduct a media event with your hospital for local reporters.
We’d love to hear from you! Get in touch with us:
Call 512-465-1026 or email us below for help with spreading the word about the Texas Way.